Tuesday, October 4, 2022

Trying to Set Up Lulu Versions of my Books

 So, I got distracted this weekend setting up my books to meet Lulu"s print standards.

This is no mean task. I write my PDFs in Google Docs and do at least the minimum of layout as I work so that things fit in the spread. I suspect by Google Docs standards, I am doing élite Lev work.

But there is the rub... It is still Google Docs, which creates flawed .PDFs at the best of times. It downgrades image resolution, and is fiddly between devices.

At the end of the day, I am going to have to learn Scribus, I suspect. But I have ordered copies of Strange Ways and Deathtrap Lite to see if I can get an acceptable quality as is from Google Docs 

I will let you all know how that turned out.

It does mean that if you have either of those books, an u



pdated version is now available for you on DrivethruRPG or itch.io

In the meantime, I have started my third attempt at teaching myself Sctibus, in hopes of doing three or four pages a day as I go.

So far, just recreating the cover and inner cover rules summary has been a hassle. If anyone can point me to good Scribus resources, please do!

No comments:

Post a Comment