|Cover Art by Brian C Rideout
That's right! Two adventures out in less than a week! Harkin's Slave Pit is a labor of love. It's a dungeon that I created to teach players Index Card RPG Core 2e, and guide them on playing RPGs Old-School.
If you want to try ICRPG, by the way, you can now grab a quick-start manual here!
Several strangers wake up prisoners in a dungeon, with nothing but breechclothes and a couple of tiny pieces of gear hidden on them, and must fight for suvival in a dungeon full of brutal mercenaries, goblins, madmen, and deadly traps, ruled over by a cruel witch. Can they find an exit before their luck runs out?
Harkin's Slave Pit is a mid-length adventure for Index Card RPG Core 2e. It is designed to serve as an introduction to new players for both ICRPG and Old-School Renaissance style play.
- While built as a one-shot, it is easily tuned to be the first adventure of a larger campaign, and provides the GM with multiple hooks for future adventures.
- Gradually increasing difficulty as players become used to the game engine.
- Non-linear dungeon with numerous possible routes to explore.
- All encounters built using the Three Ts system to ensure fast-paced, timed encounters that reward Player-Characters with opportunities to get the upper hand on the enemy and look good doing it!
- Designed for ease-of use at the table.